Picture the scene … your demanding toddler is screaming that they want to paint and paint now … you look everywhere for a paintbrush … a paintbrush cannot be found, most likely chewed up or lost down the back of the sofa … now what do you do?
Do you brave the trip to the shops just for a paintbrush? Tell your screaming toddler no they can’t paint and endure their wrath? Never fear! I have the answer! You make stamps (the next best painting implement) from any every day object you have. Happiness is shared all round! Ever heard the phrase “Happy Wife, Happy Life”? Well, as far as I am concerned, that’s simply bollocks! It should be “Happy Toddler, Happy Life” am I right ladies? So grab the closest thing to you and make yourself a handy stamp! Endless hours of fun will ensue and you can grab yourself a glass of wine and relax. You, Mum, have saved the day!
Artists are the people that no matter what, pick up the pen, pick up a paintbrush. They take the time to translate what is happening to create something that resonates deeply with the rest of the people that are caught in the middle of their own reality. – Anna Deavere Smith
The Ultimate Paintbrush Hack
What You Will Need
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
- Empty Drink Bottle
- Washi Tape
How To Hack A Paintbrush With A:
Toilet Paper Roll
- Cut the bottom 1/3 of the Toilet Paper Roll into strips.
- Fan out the strips to create a fan-shaped stamp.
- Dip in paint and stamp onto paper! Great for painting fireworks, dandelions or stars in the night sky.
- Dip the lid of the bottle into the paint and stamp on the paper. Good for creating splats, circles and hidden mickeys!
- You can also use the bottom of the bottle as a stamp too. Great for painting flowers or stars.
- Use washi tape to tape together a handful of q-tips to create one big bunch.
- Dip this bunch into the paint and stamp onto the paper. Fantastic for painting corn, flowers, leaves on a tree or blossom!